Try this Char-Grilled Steak with green olive, caper and basil salsa. Yum! Even yummier with Pol Roger Brut Champagne.
Find it in Pop Up Wine's fabulous range of Champagne.
Thank you to #donnahaymagazine for this fantastic recipe!
- 2 Tablespoons Salted Capers, Rinsed
- 2 Cups Basil Leaves, Finely Chopped
- 1 Cup (120g) Pitted Green Olives, Finely Chopped
- 1 Clove Garlic, Crushed
- ¼ Cup (60ml) White Balsamic Vinegar
- 4 X 200g Sirloin Steaks, Trimmed
- Sea Salt And Cracked Black Pepper
- 2 Baby Cos (Romaine) Lettuces, Leaves Separated
- 2 X 110g Buffalo Mozzarellas, Torn
- 1 Tablespoon Extra Virgin Olive Oil, Plus Extra, For Brushing
- Place the capers, basil, olive, garlic and vinegar in a bowl and mix to combine. Set aside.
- Preheat a char-grill pan or barbecue over high heat. Brush the steaks with oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Cook for 2 minutes each side or until cooked to your liking.
- Gently toss the lettuce, mozzarella and oil in a bowl to combine and divide between plates with the steaks. Spoon the salsa over the steak to serve.