If you’re looking to celebrate the Year of the Rabbit with festive foods, we have the perfect recipe and wine pairings for your Chinese New Year meals.
Try this Chinese New Year Perfect Prawn Dumplings. Yum! Even yummier with Brokenwood Cricket Pitch Semillon Sauvignon Blanc.
Find it in Pop Up Wine's fabulous range of Semillon Sauvignon Blanc.
Thank you to #donnahaymagazine for this fantastic recipe!
- 12 GREEN (UNCOOKED) PRAWNS (SHRIMP) (600G), PEELED, DEVEINED AND FINELY - CHOPPED+
- 2 TABLESPOONS FINELY CHOPPED WATER CHESTNUTS
- 2 GREEN ONIONS (SCALLIONS), WHITE PART ONLY, FINELY CHOPPED
- 1 TEASPOON FINELY GRATED GINGER
- 1 TABLESPOON FINELY CHOPPED CORIANDER (CILANTRO)
- 1 TABLESPOON OYSTER SAUCE
- 1 TABLESPOON VEGETABLE OIL
1 TEASPOON TABLE SALT
20 GOW GEE WRAPPERS
- Place the prawn, water chestnut, onion, ginger, coriander, oyster sauce, oil and salt in a medium bowl and mix to combine.
- Place 5 of the gow gee wrappers on a clean surface and brush the edges with water++.
- Place 1 heaped teaspoon of the prawn mixture in the centre of each wrapper. Fold the edges over, pinching gently to create pleats, and press together to seal. Repeat with the remaining gow gee wrappers and prawn mixture.
- To steam, line the base of a large bamboo steamer with a steamer liner. Add half the dumplings to the steamer, ensuring they don’t touch. Cover with a tight-fitting lid and place over a large saucepan of simmering water. Steam, misting with water occasionally, for 16–18 minutes or until cooked through. Remove from the steamer and keep warm. Repeat with the remaining dumplings. Makes 20. Serve with soy sauce.