Try this Steak with thyme-buttered Mushrooms. Yum! Even yummier with DeLoach "Heritage Reserve" California Pinot Noir.
Find it in Pop Up Wine's fabulous range of Pinot Noir.
Thank you to #donnahaymagazine for this fantastic recipe!
- 1 Tablespoon Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 50g Unsalted Butter
- 4 Field Mushrooms
- 1 Bunch Thyme Sprigs
- 4 X 100g Beef Minute (Sirloin) Steaks
- Sea Salt And Cracked Black Pepper
- Store-bought Pesto, To Serve
- Heat the oil and butter in a large frying pan over high heat. Add the mushrooms, cap-side down, and cook for 1–2 minutes or until starting to soften. Turn the mushrooms, add the thyme and cook for a further minute.
- Remove from the pan and set aside. Sprinkle the steaks with salt and pepper and cook, in batches, for 1–2 minutes each side.
- Top each steak with a mushroom and drizzle with any remaining butter and oil mixture from the pan. Spoon over pesto and top with the thyme to serve.