Rolf Binder Selection Chardonnay 2014, Barossa Valley
Winemakers of the Year (2005)
James Halliday "5 star" Winery
One of the Top Wines Served at 5 Star Alila Hotel, Bali
Divine "With the lightest touch of oak to enhance the complexity and add a creaminess to the mouth feel, this Chardonnay has the hallmark stone fruit characters balanced by a fresh acidic backbone."
James Halliday "peach (white and yellow) fruit, melon in the back seat."
Antony Anderson (Vinvino) "Light oak and toast on the nose. Medium bodied with stone fruit and good viscosity. Fairly short finish with a little bit of sweetness."
Click Your Wine "A crisp palate well-balanced by just a hint of creamy oak.Stone fruit and melons, hints of vanilla and nuts with a clean fresh finish....The wine is lightly oaked to give it good palate weight and a creamy mouthfeel, with crisp citrus finish."
Winemaker “The oak maturation has added a lovely soft edge and depth of palate while remaining balanced with the fruit details - peaches and cream characteristics. Around 85% of the fruit for this wine is aged on lees and not oaked, while the remaining 15% is fermented in French oak barrels for 6 months to add a lovely buttery quality to the final blend. A fresh lively nose with a grapefruit and citrus lift. ” Rolf Binder is a multi award winning winery established by legendary wine-maker Rolf Binder (snr) who established the winery in 1955. The winery is now run by his children Rolf Binder and Christa Deans who won the prestigious Winemakers of the Year award in 2005. Christa produces the white wines, and Rolf the red.