Try this Cheat's Lamb Meatballs and Mash. Yum! Even yummier with Atticus Chardonnay.
Find it in Pop Up Wine's fabulous range of Chardonnay.
Thank you to #donnahaymagazine for this fantastic recipe!
- 800g Dutch Cream (Waxy) Potatoes, Peeled And Chopped
- 1½ Cups (375ml) Single (Pouring) Cream
- Sea Salt And Cracked Black Pepper
- 4 Large Lamb Sausages (600g), Cases Removed
- 1 Tablespoon Extra Virgin Olive Oil, Plus Extra For Drizzling
- 4 Cloves Garlic, Crushed
- 2 X 400g Cans Chopped Tomatoes
- ½ Cup (125ml) Water
1. Place the potato in a large saucepan of cold salted water and bring to the boil over high heat. Cook for 8–10 minutes or until tender.
2. Drain and, using a potato masher, mash until smooth. Add the cream, salt and pepper and stir until warmed through. Set aside and keep warm.
3. Roll the sausage meat into 12 large balls. Heat the oil in a large non-stick frying pan over high heat, add the meatballs and cook, stirring, for 5 minutes or until well browned. Remove and set aside.
4. Add the garlic and cook for 1 minute. Add the tomato and water and cook for 3 minutes. Return the meatballs to the pan and cook for 6 minutes or until the sauce has reduced slightly.
5. Divide the mash between plates, top with the meatballs and drizzle with extra oil to serve.