Try this Spicy Tuna with kale rice sushi bowl. Yum! Even yummier with Hewitson Gun Metal Eden Valley Riesling.
Find it in Pop Up Wine's fabulous range of Riesling.
Thank you to #donnahaymagazine for this fantastic recipe!
- 1 cup (200g) Sushi Rice
- 1 cup (250ml) Water
- 100g Kale Leaves
- 1 Tablespoon Rice Wine Vinegar
- 300g Sashimi-grade Tuna, Chopped
- 1 Teaspoon Finely Grated Lemon Rind
- ½ Teaspoon Shichimi Togarashi+, Plus Extra To Serve
- 1 Teaspoon Sesame Oil
- ½ Teaspoon Sea Salt Flakes
- 1 cup (140g) Frozen Podded Edamame, Thawed
- Micro (Baby) Purple Basil, To Serve
1. Place the rice in a sieve and rinse under cold water. Place the rice and water in a medium saucepan over high heat and bring to the boil. Reduce heat to low, cover with a lid and cook for 12 minutes or until tender and most of the water has been absorbed. Remove from the heat and set aside, covered, for 5 minutes.
2. Place the kale in a colander and pour over boiling water. Drain and set aside to cool slightly. Squeeze out any excess water and finely chop. Add the kale and vinegar to the rice and stir to combine. Set aside to cool.
3. Place the tuna in a medium bowl with the lemon rind, togarashi, sesame oil and salt and toss to combine.
4. Divide the rice between bowls and top with the tuna mixture, edamame, purple basil and extra togarashi to serve.