Try this Char-Grilled Steak with green olive, caper and basil salsa. Yum! Even yummier with Maxime Blin Carte Blanche Brut Champagne.
Find it in Pop Up Wine's fabulous range of Champagne.
Thank you to #donnahaymagazine for this fantastic recipe!
- 2 Tablespoons Salted Capers, Rinsed
- 2 Cups Basil Leaves, Finely Chopped
- 1 Cup (120g) Pitted Green Olives, Finely Chopped
- 1 Clove Garlic, Crushed
- ¼ Cup (60ml) White Balsamic Vinegar
- 4 X 200g Sirloin Steaks, Trimmed
- Sea Salt And Cracked Black Pepper
- 2 Baby Cos (Romaine) Lettuces, Leaves Separated
- 2 X 110g Buffalo Mozzarellas, Torn
- 1 Tablespoon Extra Virgin Olive Oil, Plus Extra, For Brushing
- Place the capers, basil, olive, garlic and vinegar in a bowl and mix to combine. Set aside.
- Preheat a char-grill pan or barbecue over high heat. Brush the steaks with oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Cook for 2 minutes each side or until cooked to your liking.
- Gently toss the lettuce, mozzarella and oil in a bowl to combine and divide between plates with the steaks. Spoon the salsa over the steak to serve.