Try this Orange and Juniper Roasted Duck. Yum! Even yummier with Poderi Colla Langhe Campo Romano Pinot Nero
Find it in Pop Up Wine's fabulous range of Pinot Noir .
Thank you to #donnahaymagazine for this fantastic recipe!
- 4 X 230G DUCK MARYLANDS, TRIMMED
- 2 TEASPOONS JUNIPER BERRIES
- 8 CLOVES GARLIC, UNPEELED AND LIGHTLY CRUSHED
- PEEL OF 2 ORANGES, REMOVED WITH A VEGETABLE PEELER
- 1 TABLESPOON BROWN SUGAR
- ⅓ CUP (80ML) PORT
- 10 BAY LEAVES
- 1KG CHAT (BABY) POTATOES, HALVED
- SEA SALT AND CRACKED BLACK PEPPER
- Preheat oven to 200ºC (400ºF). Place the duck, juniper berries, garlic, orange peel, sugar, port and bay leaves in bowl and toss to coat. Cover and refrigerate for 1 hour. Place the potatoes in a large baking dish. Place the duck, skin-side down, on the potatoes and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Roast for 20 minutes. Turn the duck and roast for a further 18–20 minutes or until cooked through. Serves 4