Try this Creamy Pasta with Prosciutto and Basil. Yum! Even yummier with Catalina Sounds Sauvignon Blanc.
Find it in Pop Up Wine's fabulous range of Sauvignon Blanc.
Thank you to #donnahaymagazine for this fantastic recipe!
- 400g Pappardelle
- 1 Tablespoon Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 4 Cloves Garlic, Sliced
- ½ Cup (125ml) Single (Pouring) Cream
- ½ Cup (40g) Finely Grated Parmesan, Plus Extra, To Serve
- 12 Slices (180g) Prosciutto
- 1 Cup (200g) Ricotta
- 2 Cups Basil Leaves, Plus Extra, To Serve
- Sea Salt And Cracked Black Pepper
- 4 Eggs, Poached
- Cook the pasta in a large saucepan of salted boiling water for 7–8 minutes or until al dente. Drain, reserving 1 cup (250ml) of the cooking liquid. Set aside. Heat the oil in the saucepan over medium heat, add the garlic and cook for 30 seconds. Add the cream and reserved water and cook for 1 minute. Return the pasta to the pan, with the parmesan, prosciutto, ricotta and basil, sprinkle with salt and pepper and toss to combine.
- Divide the pasta between 4 plates, top with a poached egg, extra basil leaves and grated parmesan to serve.