Try this caramelized lemongrass salmon with coconut rice. Yum! Even yummier with Willow Bridge Coat of Arms Cabernet Sauvignon.
Find it in Pop Up Wine's fabulous range of Cabernet Sauvignon.
Thank you to #donnahaymagazine for this fantastic recipe!
- 3 stalks lemongrass, white part only, roughly chopped
- 6 kaffir lime leaves, roughly chopped
- 2 long green chillies, roughly chopped
- ⅓ cup (60g) grated palm sugar or light brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons fish sauce 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 4 x 180g skinless salmon fillets, pin boned
- Coriander, mint and Thai basil leaves, to serve
- Lime wedges, to serve
- 1½ cups (300g) jasmine rice
- 1 x 400ml can coconut milk
- 1 cup (250ml) water
- 3 kaffir lime leaves
1. Place the lemongrass, lime leaves and chilli in a small food processor and process into a fine paste. Heat a large non-stick frying pan over medium heat. Add the lemongrass paste and cook for 1 minute or until fragrant. Add the sugar, fish sauce and lime juice and cook for 4–5 minutes or until thickened slightly.
2. To make the coconut rice, place the rice, coconut milk, water and lime leaves in a medium saucepan over high heat and bring to the boil. Reduce the heat to low, cover with a tight-fitting lid and cook for 10 minutes or until just tender. Allow to stand, covered, for 5 minutes.
3. Preheat oven grill (broiler) to high. Place the salmon on an oven tray and spread with the lemongrass paste. Cook for 4–6 minutes or until cooked to your liking.
4. Spoon the coconut rice into serving bowls and top with the salmon. Sprinkle with the coriander, mint and basil and serve with lime wedges.