If you’re looking to celebrate the Year of the Rabbit with festive foods, we have the perfect recipe and wine pairings for your Chinese New Year meals.
Try this Chinese New Year Oven Baked Barbecue Pork and Cabbage Spring Rolls. Yum! Even yummier with Château La Justice.
Find it in Pop Up Wine's fabulous range of Bordeaux.
Thank you to #donnahaymagazine for this fantastic recipe!
- 100G STORE-BOUGHT CHINESE BARBECUE PORK, THINLY SLICED
- 1 TABLESPOON HOISIN SAUCE
- 1 CUP (80G) SHREDDED WOMBOK (CHINESE CABBAGE)
- SEA SALT FLAKES
- 8 PEKING DUCK PANCAKE WRAPPERS, THAWED+
- 1 EGG, LIGHTLY BEATEN
- 1 TABLESPOON VEGETABLE OIL
- CRACKED BLACK PEPPER, MICRO (BABY) PURPLE SHISO LEAVES AND PICKLED CHILLI, TO SERVE
- Preheat oven to 240°C (475°F). Place the pork, hoisin sauce, wombok and salt in a medium bowl and mix to combine. Place the pancakes on a clean surface. Divide the cabbage mixture between the pancakes. Brush the edge with egg, fold 2 ends in and roll to enclose.
- Place, seam-side down, on an oven tray lined with non-stick baking paper. Brush with the oil and cook for 12–15 minutes or until golden and crisp. Sprinkle with pepper and shiso, and serve with pickled chilli. Serves 8