Try this Chocolate Banana French Toast with Maple Syrup. Yum! Even yummier with Chateau Marjosse Pierre Lurton Cuvee Charmille Rouge 2018.
Find it in Pop Up Wine's fabulous range of Merlot.
Thank you to #donnahaymagazine for this fantastic recipe!
- 3 Eggs, Lightly Beaten
- ½ Cup (125ML) Single (Pouring) Cream
- 2 Tablespoon Caster Sugar
- 1 Tablespoon Vanilla Extract
- 8 Slices Store-Bought Brioche
- 50g Dark Chocolate, Grated
- 2 Meduim (400G) Bananas, Peeled and Sliced
- Maple Syrup, To Serve
- Place the egg, cream, sugar and vanilla in a bowl and whisk to combine. Transfer to a shallow tray and set aside.
- Sprinkle half the brioche slices with the dark chocolate, top with the banana, sprinkle with the remaining dark chocolate and sandwich with the remaining brioche.
- Carefully dip both sides of the brioche sandwich in the egg mixture. Heat a large non-stick frying pan over medium heat. Cook the brioche, in batches, for 1–2 minutes each side or until golden and cooked through. Serve with maple syrup. Serves 4