Try this Maple and Walnut Brioche French Toast. Yum! Even yummier with Billecart Salmon Brut Reserve NV Champagne
Find it in Pop Up Wine's fabulous range of Champagne.
Thank you to #donnahaymagazine for this fantastic recipe!
- 2 Eggs
- ½ Cup (125ML) Single (Pouring) Cream
- 2 Cups (240G) Finely Chopped Walnuts
- 4 x 3CM - Thick Slices Brioche
- Melted Unsalted Butter, For Brushing
- Grated Fresh Nutmeg and Maple Syrup, To Serve
- Place the eggs and cream in a small shallow tray and whisk to combine. Spread the walnut on a separate tray. Dip the brioche into the egg mixture and allow to soak for 30 seconds. Press each side into the walnut.
- Heat a large non-stick frying pan over medium heat and brush with butter. Cook the brioche, in 2 batches, for 3–4 minutes each side or until golden brown. Sprinkle with nutmeg and drizzle with maple to serve.