Try this Roast Beef Fillet with Raw Beetroot Salad. Yum! Even yummier with Hewitson Old Garden Mourvedre.
Find it in Pop Up Wine's fabulous range of Shiraz.
Thank you to #donnahaymagazine for this fantastic recipe!
- ¼ Cup (60ML) Apple Cider Vinegar
- 1 Tablespoon Honey
- Sea Salt and Cracked Black Pepper
- 2 Tablespoon Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 Tablespoon Crated Fresh Horseradish+
- 1 Clove Garlic, Crushed
- 800G Beef Eye Fillet, Trimmed and Tied
- 3 Brushes Heirloom and Target Beetroot, Scrubbed and Thinly Sliced
- 3 Cups (45G) Watercress
- 50G Marinated Persian Feta
- Preheat oven to 200°C (400°F). To make the dressing, place the vinegar, honey, salt, pepper and half the oil in a bowl and whisk to combine. Set aside.
- Place the remaining oil, the horseradish and garlic in a large bowl and stir to combine. Brush the beef with the oil mixture and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Heat a large non-stick frying pan over high heat and cook, turning, for 8–10 minutes or until browned. Place on an oven tray and cook for 10–15 minutes for medium-rare or until cooked to your liking. Allow to rest for 10 minutes before slicing.
- Place the beetroot, watercress, feta, chives and dressing in a large bowl and toss to combine. Divide the salad and beef between plates to serve.