Try this Olive and Almond Couscous with oregano lamb. Yum! Even yummier with Mojo Coonawarra Cabernet Sauvignon.
Find it in Pop Up Wine's fabulous range of Cabernet Sauvignon.
Thank you to #donnahaymagazine for this fantastic recipe!
- 300g lamb backstrap (boneless loin)
- Olive oil, for brushing
- 1 tablespoon marjoram or oregano leaves
- Sea salt and cracked black peper
- 1 cup (200g) couscous
- 1¼ cups (310ml) hot chicken stock
- 20g butter, softened
- ¼ cup (40g) sliced green olives
- ⅓ cup (20g) toasted flaked almonds
- To make the olive and almond couscous, place the couscous in a bowl, pour over the stock and add the butter. Cover with plastic wrap and stand for 5 minutes or until the stock has been absorbed. Stir through the olives and almonds.
- Brush the lamb with oil. Combine the oregano, salt and pepper and press into the lamb. Heat a frying pan over medium-high heat and cook the lamb for 4 minutes each side or until cooked to your liking. Rest the lamb for 3 minutes, then slice.
- Place the couscous in bowls and top with the lamb to serve.