Try this Olive and Almond Couscous with oregano lamb. Yum! Even yummier with Mojo Cabernet Sauvignon.
Find it in Pop Up Wine's fabulous range of Cabernet Sauvignon.
Thank you to #donnahaymagazine for this fantastic recipe!
- 300g lamb backstrap (boneless loin)
- Olive oil, for brushing
- 1 tablespoon marjoram or oregano leaves
- Sea salt and cracked black peper
- 1 cup (200g) couscous
- 1¼ cups (310ml) hot chicken stock
- 20g butter, softened
- ¼ cup (40g) sliced green olives
- ⅓ cup (20g) toasted flaked almonds
- To make the olive and almond couscous, place the couscous in a bowl, pour over the stock and add the butter. Cover with plastic wrap and stand for 5 minutes or until the stock has been absorbed. Stir through the olives and almonds.
- Brush the lamb with oil. Combine the oregano, salt and pepper and press into the lamb. Heat a frying pan over medium-high heat and cook the lamb for 4 minutes each side or until cooked to your liking. Rest the lamb for 3 minutes, then slice.
- Place the couscous in bowls and top with the lamb to serve.