Try this Spiced Texan Beef Brisket Sliders. Yum! Even yummier with Innocent Bystander Syrah 2017.
Find it in Pop Up Wine's fabulous range of Syrah.
Thank you to #donnahaymagazine for this fantastic recipe!
- 1 Tablespoon Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 X 1kg Piece Beef Brisket+, Trimmed And Cut Into 2 Pieces
- Sea Salt And Cracked Black Pepper
- 1 Brown Onion, Finely Chopped
- 2 Cloves Garlic, Crushed
- ¼ Cup (80g) Chipotle Chillies In Adobo Sauce++
- ⅓ Cup (60g) Brown Sugar
- ⅓ Cup (80ml) Apple Cider Vinegar
- 2 Cups (500ml) Chicken Stock
- Halved White Bread Rolls, Shredded Cabbage, Coriander Sprigs And Lime Wedges
1. Preheat oven to 180°C. Heat the oil a large ovenproof saucepan over medium heat. Sprinkle the beef with salt and pepper and cook for 6–8 minutes each side or until golden brown. Remove and set aside.
2. Add the onion and garlic and cook for 3–4 minutes or until soft. Add the beef, chipotle chillies and adobo sauce, sugar, vinegar and stock, bring to a simmer and cover with a lid. Place in the oven and cook for 2 hours. Remove the lid and return to the oven for a further 30 minutes or until the sauce is sticky and beef is tender. Remove and set aside to cool slightly.
3. Shred the beef, return to the pan and mix to combine. Divide the beef between rolls, top with cabbage and coriander, and serve with lime.