Try this Cauliflower Caramalised Onion and goat’s cheese pizza. Yum! Even yummier with McHenry Hohnen Hazel's Vineyard GSM.
Find it in Pop Up Wine's fabulous range of GSM.
Thank you to #donnahaymagazine for this fantastic recipe!
- 3 Large Onions, Thinly Sliced
- ¼ Cup (60ml) Balsamic Vinegar
- 1 Tablespoon Rapadura Sugar
- 1 Tablespoon Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 Teaspoon Sea Salt Flakes
- 60g Goat’s Cheese, Crumbled
- 1 Bunch Rocket, Trimmed
- 600g Cauliflower Florets
- ¾ Cup (90g) Almond Meal (Ground Almonds)
- ½ Cup (40g) Finely Grated Parmesan
- 3 Eggs, Lightly Beaten
- Sea Salt And Cracked Black Pepper
- Preheat oven to 200°C (400°F). Place the onion, balsamic vinegar, sugar, oil and salt on a large oven tray lined with non-stick baking paper. Toss to combine and cook for 20 minutes, stirring halfway, or until golden. Set aside.
- To make the cauliflower base, place the cauliflower in a food processor, in batches, and pulse until it resembles fine crumbs. Transfer to a large bowl, add the almond meal, parmesan, egg, salt and pepper and mix to combine.
- Divide the mixture between 2 lightly greased large oven trays lined with non-stick baking paper, spread out each to form a 30cm circle and cook for 15 minutes.
- Divide the onion mixture between the pizza bases, top each with a little of the goat’s cheese and cook for a further 10–15 minutes or until the base is golden and cooked through. Top with the rocket and remaining goat’s cheese to serve.